Viking romances have been an underrepresented genre in historical romance, but there is plenty there for romance fans to find appealing:
- Fierce warriors with interesting facial hair.
- Viking women had more rights than other women during that time period. They could ask for divorce and inherit property.
- Vikings were very concerned with hygiene.
- They had kickass gods (Thor, anyone?)
- They’re not afraid to go the distance — literally! They traveled huge distances to accomplish their goals.
If you haven’t read any Viking romance, there are some available for free from the EverAfter app:
- Chelsea Chaynes’s Dominated by Vikings: Act 1
- Lexy Timms’s Celtic Viking (Heart of the Battle Series #1)
- Lacey Edward’s Bearly a Viking (with bonus paranormal shifter goodness).
Are you planning to watch The Last Kingdom? Do you like Viking romance? Any recommendations?