In my newest release Wolf Unleashed (SWAT Series), we get to see how Lacey Barton, veterinarian by occupation, heroine by nature, becomes The One true love for Dallas Police Department SWAT Officer—and werewolf—Alex Trevino. Their story will make you laugh, cry, sigh, and completely fall in love with them.
Now that Lacey and Alex are together, and she’s officially part of The Pack, here are ten things on their holiday to-do list!
- This will be Lacey and Alex’s first Christmas together, so they’ll spend the morning lazing around the apartment treating themselves to breakfast in bed, then exchange gifts.
- Later, they’ll head over to spend the day with the extended Pack family at the SWAT compound, along with their two dogs, Tuffie and Leo, for Christmas dinner. That means lots of food on the grill with some smokers and deep-fryers to boot. Werewolves eat a lot, so there are going to be enough turkey, burgers, hot dogs, and barbecue to feed an army.
- A party at the SWAT compound wouldn’t be a party without playing some volleyball. Alex and the other guys are going to need some exercise to burn off all those extra calories, right? Since it’s Christmas, it’s probably going to be cold outside, but something tells me the SWAT hunks will be taking their shirts off anyway.
- After the game, they’ll head inside to exchange presents with family and friends, which now includes the entire extended SWAT family. Because there are so many people, the gifts are typically small, but meaningful.
- While Lacey isn’t off from work and the veterinary clinic is closed for the holiday, after the party, she and Alex stop by to check on the animals to make sure they’re all doing okay.
- On the way home, Lacey and Alex will stop by one of the local animal shelters and make sure they share a little of the holiday joy with the dogs who haven’t found a home yet. In addition to giving each of them their very own plush toy, they’ll take each dog for a nice walk and give them a good long belly rub.
- When they finally go home to their apartment, Lacey and Alex will lavish some special attention on Tuffie and Leo. No doubt, the two dogs will be tuckered out from the day’s events, and will soon curl up together under the Christmas tree.
- While Tuffie and Leo are sleeping, Lacey and Alex will cuddle up on the couch together and watch Christmas movies. Alex insists that Die Hard is a Christmas movie since it takes place during Christmastime, but I’m not sure Lacey is buying that.
- Even though they had a huge dinner at the SWAT compound, Alex will probably want some of the leftovers they bought home while they watch movies. Nothing tastes better than late night sandwiches make with turkey straight from the fridge. Lacey is a pretty traditional girl, so she has hers with mayonnaise and a touch of mustard. Alex, on the other hand, puts BBQ sauce on his turkey sandwich. Weird, right?
- It’ll probably be almost midnight before Lacey and Alex go to bed. If I know those two—and I do—they won’t be getting much sleep anyway.
Paige Tyler is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of sexy, romantic fiction. Paige writes books about hunky alpha males and the kick-butt heroines they fall in love with. She lives with her very own military hero (a.k.a. her husband) and their adorable dog on the beautiful Florida coast.
Paige can be found at PaigeTylerTheAuthor.com.