In the first of her Deadly Games series, He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not,
author Lena Diaz gives us a terrifying serial killer, the one victim who got away, and the tough, no nonsense police chief determined to catch the killer and protect the victim, Amanda.
Logan, like any cop, has reasons for the decisions he’s made in his career. When he moves back to Shadow Falls to become Chief of Police, he has no idea he’s going to end up on the trail of a killer who has been operating for years under the radar, a killer with only one living victim. The minute Logan and Amanda meet, there is an instant attraction, and Logan vows to do anything to protect her…even sacrificing his own life.
But what in particular makes Logan so swoon-worthy? Here’s just a few reasons…
- Logan’s instincts are on point, even when he is second guessing himself. He is a guy you can put your faith in, and that is something that totally gets under my skin.
- Logan is uber sexy rolled up into six foot plus awesomeness. YUM!
- Logan has a calm, understanding air that puts Amanda at ease and makes the reader sigh at how sweet he is with her.
- He might have a temper, but he loses it for the right reasons. When Amanda puts herself in harm’s way to protect him, Logan is furious with her because he’s afraid of losing her. Awww!
- Logan bears a whole lot of guilt for things that really weren’t his fault, and is willing to give up the thing he loves most in order to not cause Amanda any more suffering. A bonehead move, but done with the best intentions.
I would definitely recommend you read He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not by Lena Diaz and decide for yourself whether Chief Logan is swoony or not.
Who is your favorite fictional police officer?
An obsessive bookworm, Codi Gary likes to write sexy small-town contemporary romances with humor, grand gestures, and blush-worthy moments. When she’s not writing, she can be found reading her favorite authors, squealing over her must-watch shows, and playing with her children. She lives in Idaho with her family. Codi can be found on Facebook, Twitter, and CodiGaryBooks.com.