It feels unfair to pick only 5 books when I love SO many, but…I did it. (And it was hard!)
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
- I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent Series) by Barry Lyga
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
An excerpt from my debut novel, The Heartbeat Hypothesis
He picked up his camera again, still wearing a half grin.
My heart thumped in my ears when he aimed it at me. “Can I be honest? I’m not really a fan of pictures. Not of me, anyway. So this is…a lot harder than I thought it’d be.”
“What girl isn’t interested in photos of herself?” The large round lens still pointed directly at my face, but since he never buried his head behind the camera, I couldn’t tell when he was actually taking a picture.
“This one,” I said, pointing at myself for emphasis. “This girl is not a selfie fan.” My face always looked too round, too pale.
Jake’s gaze trailed down toward my chest, but his lips pressed together in a way that made me think his focus wasn’t on my scar. “You may as well be. You’re beautiful.”