Hi, from the She Shed, my 8×10 writing cave in Florida. Thank you to Everafter for inviting me to write a blog post related to my new release Gray Matter: Deep Six Security Book 5, which releases 8/28. To get my heroine Mickie, an east coast Italian girl, right, I had to research what makes Italian women tick. Here are five things I found to be interesting.
- Family is the most important thing to them. Even if they are so angry they can spit (and often do, because you’re dead to me), they still love the deceased until they forgive them.
- Italian women expect men to work hard for their affection. They are some of the most sensual of womankind, but men have to really work hard to impress them and earn a spot in their heart.
- Hand gestures are used as punctuation when an Italian woman speaks, especially if she’s angry. There are actually meanings to the hand gestures, so look them up on You Tube if you want to be entertained. There are many videos, but this one is pretty extensive:
- Food is love. If an Italian woman tries to feed you, don’t insult her by turning her down.
- They strongly believe in amore, which is a mystical, magical meeting of two souls that are meant to be together. It is stronger than love and can happen at first sight. Lasting love comes after amore strikes and it is nurtured with a lot of wooing.
I hope you’ll check out Gray Matter and let me know what you think! You might even learn a few Italian curse words.