I’m a lifelong St. Louis Cardinals fan, but I love watching games even if my RedBirds aren’t playing. Pitching duels, high scoring games, the long ball, I’ll sit through anything. Even a rain delay. Naturally, I also enjoy the sexiness on the field.
So here are my top 5 sexy baseball players who don’t play for the Cardinals:
- Kris Bryant – 3rd baseman for Chicago Cubs – just look at those eyes. It also helps that he’s one hell of a player. His batting stance is almost perfect.
- Derek Jeter – former shortstop for New York Yankees – no list is complete without Jeter who seems to get better with age. Retirement suits him.
- Kevin Kiermaier – center fielder for Tampa Bay Rays – I watch the Rays when I can. For good reason.
- Dustin Ackley – 2nd baseman for Los Angeles Angels – The crooked smile is stuff novels are made of.
- David Freese – 3rd baseman for Pittsburgh Pirates – Okay this is a bit of a cheat since Freese was the hero of the Cardinals 2011 World Series run, but he plays for the enemy now so…
Here are my top 5 sexy St. Louis Cardinals Players
- Matt Bowman – relief pitcher – Bowman’s got a great arm as long as Matheny doesn’t overuse him from the pen. Like most pitchers, he’s serious on the mound. Just wait until you see him smile though. *sigh*
- Randal Grichuk – outfielder – Let’s not talk about his recent (and totally unwarranted) demotion to Palm Springs. This guy is a big league bat and he just needs time to break out. And again, that smile…
- Chris Carpenter – former pitcher – Nobody showed as much intensity on the mound as Carp. Anyone who could read lips knew how much he enjoyed the f-bomb too. Carp’s intensity always shows in his eyes too. Sexy.
- Adam Wainwright – pitcher – Waino’s a good ole country boy and who doesn’t love a country boy. Again, I’m a sucker for smiles and Waino’s easy-going smile is right up my alley.
- Matt Carpenter – 1st baseman – Carp number 2, but my number 1. The man doesn’t use batting gloves and has a superhero build. One of the best hitters in the majors, his patience at the plate is amazing. I love watching him play every day. He’s an all-around player. And an all-around good guy.
Those are my picks. Who are yours?
About Lynn Stevens:
Lynn Stevens flunked out of college writing her first novel. Yes, she still has it and no, you can’t read it. Surprisingly, she graduated with honors at her third school. Third time really is the charm. A former farm girl turned city slicker turned suburbanite, Lynn lives in the Midwest where she drinks coffee she can’t pronounce and sips tea when she’s out of coffee. When she’s out of both, just stay away.
About Full Count
Anyone who says they’re having the worst day hasn’t met me. My girlfriend cheated, I blew out my knee, and probably trashed my chance of going pro. All in one day. Then my jerk professor tells I’m almost on academic probation.
Awesome. Now I get to find a tutor.
Enter Mallory Fine, quiet, a little intense, and my kind of gorgeous. Who also happens to hate baseball and any guy who plays it.
I tell myself this will be nothing more than a tutoring relationship. I’m a liar. I want this girl. How hard can her secrets be to unravel? It might be a challenge, but so is getting back on the ball field and I’m determined to make that happen—no matter the cost.