- They have a secret language.They trace letters on each other’s skin and can actually communicate. Have you ever tried that in real life? When I was a kid, my friends and I would try to write messages on each other’s backs and, let me tell you, it is
I or wait is it an A
P actually make than an R
- They’re already parabatai.
The Clave’s got it all wrong here that the fact they’re already bound together as parabatai is a curse. (Even though the reason why romantic love between parabatai is forbidden is still a secret at the time of this post so I really don’t know what I’m talking about.)
Of course, parabatai should be together. They know they can make a serious commitment to each other, because they’ve already done it.
Somebody make me a member of the Clave, already. I need some voting power. *Bangs gavel*
- They already know that they would be good parents. At this point, Julian is less of an older brother and more of a father figure to his siblings. Emma already fits into Julian’s family perfectly. Bringing someone else into the mix would just be weird.
- Their names sound nice together. (Is anyone else really hung up on names? Let me know in the comments!)
- Because of quotes like these:
“We are bound together, Emma, bound together—I breathe when you breathe, I bleed when you bleed, I’m yours and you’re mine, you’ve always been mine, and I have always, always belonged to you!”
“You’ll fix me, because we’re parabatai. We’re forever.”
“How long have you been drawing me?”
He sighed. A moment later his hand came to rest in her hair. His fingers twined in the strands. “My whole life.”