Thanks to movies there are plenty of super-powered dreamboats in tight spandex to fantasize about. Need a hero that’s sweet and charming? Captain America will sweep you off your feet and then shyly invite you out for a malted milkshake. The Hulk will save you from an explosion and then ask you what your favorite books are. Looking for someone with a big attitude (and an even bigger bank account)? Batman and Iron Man will disarm a bomb and buy you a hotel just for kicks in the same day. But what about real heroes? The amazing Susan Stoker’s here with 10 amazing reasons to love the Delta Force and NAVY Seals.
- The Special Forces guys aren’t going to give up. They’ll get you out, or die trying.
- You’ll probably get an adventure you can write an award-winning book about when you get home (helicopter rides, speeding boats, hails of gunfire).
- Or, you won’t get any adventure because your rescue will all be under the veil of darkness and the bad guys won’t even know you’re gone until the morning.
- You won’t have to worry about your name being plastered on the newspapers or hoards of tv cameras in your face, because the entire operation will be on a need-to-know-basis.
- You can actually use the phrase when people ask what happened in your rescue, “I’d tell you, but then I’d have to kill you.”
- If you’re lucky, you’ll need a shirt and one of your rescuers will have to peel theirs off to give you.
- Whether it’s by land, sea, or air, you’ve got an expert with you.
- These guys are used to FUBAR situations…so when the sh*t hits the fan, they won’t be surprised.
- They always have a plan b, c, d and f…just in case.
- Because they’re the best of the best.
Rescuing Rayne Excerpt
As a flight attendant, Rayne Jackson is used to cancellations, but she never dreamed her latest would lead to a whirlwind tour of London with a handsome stranger…or a life-altering night in his bed. One evening is all the enigmatic man can give her, and Rayne greedily takes it, despite suspecting it will never be enough.
Heading home after another extreme mission, Keane “Ghost” Bryson hadn’t planned to seduce someone during his layover, but Rayne is too sweet to resist. Being a Delta Force member means lying to protect his identity, which is unfortunate, considering Rayne seems made for Ghost, right down to the tattoo on her back. For the first time in his life, regret fills him as he slips away the following morning.
Both are shocked when, months later, they meet again—under the worst possible circumstances. Seems fate has given them a second chance…if they can survive the terrorist situation they’re in. If Rayne can forgive Ghost his lies. And if Ghost can trust Rayne to be strong enough to endure the secrets and uncertainty that come with loving a Delta Force soldier.
New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Texas where she lives, but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, and Indiana. She’s married to a retired Army man who now gets to follow her around the country.
She debuted her first series in 2014 and quickly followed that up with the SEAL of Protection Series, which solidified her love of writing and creating stories readers can get lost in.