- Family is the most important thing to them. Even if they are so angry they can spit (and often do, because you’re dead to me), they still love the deceased until they forgive them.
- Italian women expect men to work hard for their affection. They are some of the most sensual of womankind, but men have to really work hard to impress them and earn a spot in their heart.
- Hand gestures are used as punctuation when an Italian woman speaks, especially if she’s angry. There are actually meanings to the hand gestures, so look them up on You Tube if you want to be entertained. There are many videos, but this one is pretty extensive:
- Food is love. If an Italian woman tries to feed you, don’t insult her by turning her down.
- They strongly believe in amore, which is a mystical, magical meeting of two souls that are meant to be together. It is stronger than love and can happen at first sight. Lasting love comes after amore strikes and it is nurtured with a lot of wooing.
I hope you’ll check out Gray Matter and let me know what you think! You might even learn a few Italian curse words.
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author BECKY McGRAW writes happily-ever-afters with heat, heart and humor. A Jill of many trades, Becky knows just enough about a variety of subjects to make her contemporary cowboy and romantic suspense novels diverse and entertaining. She resides in Florida with her husband of thirty-plus years and is the mother of three and grandmother of one. Becky is a member of the RWA, Sisters in Crime and Novelists, Inc.
ABOUT GRAY MATTER:
Can Gray help his new office manager clean her dirty laundry? Or will the mafia princess hang him out to dry?
Since leaving the FBI Grayson Jennings has found peace in his life with his job as a forensic accountant with Deep Six Security and he treasures it. It remains that way until Michaela Girabaldi is hired as the new office manager for their east coast office.
The smart-mouthed Jersey girl strolls into the office in red high heels with her bags packed with enough dirty laundry to last them both a lifetime. In Prison. Her dirtiest laundry is the 1.2 million dollars she insists she didn’t steal from the mob and Gray is wrangled into helping her find it.
Well, this was not Gray’s first rodeo with a beautiful criminal and he had the bruises to prove it. He was not going to blindly trust a woman ever again, especially one suspected of murder and many other nasty crimes. He would help her, but he wouldn’t be getting into bed with the mafia princess or falling for her or her games.
Mickie says only her cousin knows where the loot is located, so Gray sets out to find her. To do that, he’ll have to follow the money, but he is afraid at the end of that trail he’ll find a lot more than he bargained for.
But will he find the money before the mob finds Mickie? Or will she distract him with her Nonna’s Magic Massage Oil and cannolis at the beach house where they’re hiding out and get them both killed?