- Scarlett O’Hara and Rhett Butler. I’ve loved this movie since I was a child and no matter how the book ends, I always think they would’ve got back together in the end. Margret Mitchell just never got around to the sequel.
- Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy. Pride and Prejudice, a trait both of these characters suffer with. Of course they’re a match made in heaven.
- Jane and Mr. Rochester. Jane Eyre. Oh, how I love Mr. Rochester. He falls so hard for this woman and we fall hard for him. Maybe I should’ve made this number one.
- Sarah and William Whitfield. The Duke and Duchess of Whitfield from Danielle Steel’s Jewels. If anyone has seen the this movie, the love these two have for each other is all consuming. The Duke saves Sarah after her first atrocious marriage and makes her whole again. Such a beautiful love story. One for the books.
- Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth – Persuasion. Who can’t feel for Anne for making the mistake of listening to people she thought had her best interests at heart? And Captain Wentworth, brooding and unforgiving isn’t able to keep his distance forever. And nor should he, he loves her after all.
Tamara Gill is an Australian author who grew up in an old mining town in country South Australia, where her love of history was founded. So much so, she made her darling husband travel to the UK for their honeymoon, where she dragged him from one historical monument and castle to another. A mother of three, her two little gentleman’s in the making, a future Lady (she hopes) and a part-time job keep her busy in the real world, but whenever she gets a moment’s peace she loves to write romance novels in an array of genres, including regency, medieval and paranormal. Tamara loves hearing from readers and writers alike. You can contact her through her website, and sign up to follow her blog or newsletter.
Visit Tamara online!