1. Jamie Fraser – both the book version and the incredibly well-casted real life version, Sam Heughan. Loyal, strong, passionate, and heartbreakingly handsome. He’s just got it all!
2. Duncan MacLeod – played by Adrian Paul – he was my first highland crush and as an added bonus to the gorgeous warrior swagger and ability to slay you with one stroke of his mighty sword, he’s got the whole immortal thing going on.
3. Rob Roy – played by Liam Neeson – pretty cool both historically and in the movies. Rebel, warrior, and all around highland hottie, no highland list is complete without him.
4. Connor MacLeod – played by Christopher Lambert – the original highlander…or at least he was around before Duncan. Another handsome immortal warrior, this highlander is a total 80s heartthrob.
5. Murtagh Fraser – played by Duncan Lacroix – Jamie’s godfather and definitely the type of man you want at your back. He’s loyal to a fault, definite warrior material, and handsome to boot.
Do you have a favorite highlander who isn’t on the list? I’m always happy to find new warriors to add to the list 🙂
Michelle McLean is a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl who is addicted to chocolate and goldfish crackers and spent most of her formative years with her nose in a book. She has a B.S. in History, a M.A. in English, and loves her romance with a touch of suspenseful mystery. She resides in PA with her husband and two amazing children.